Code of Conduct
MEPACON is dedicated to providing a fun, positive gaming experience for everyone, regardless of age, race, sex, or creed. To that end, we will not tolerate harassment of any kind at the convention.
- Have fun! MEPACON is dedicated to hobby gaming and we are here to have fun.
- Be respectful of others
- Be kind, always
- Respect the hotel, the con staff, other con attendees, and everyone’s stuff
- Harassment of any kind, including physically or verbally threatening, annoying, unwelcoming attentions, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of physical force; which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, as well as any boisterous, lewd or generally offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, or profanity, obscene gestures or racial, religious or ethnic slurs will be considered harassment.
- If people tell you NO, your business with them is done. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you may be removed from the premises and your badge revoked.
- Remember: “No” means no. “Stop” means stop. “Go away” means go away.
- Costuming is not consent.
- Violating the anti-harassment policy will be grounds for your removal from the convention without refund.
- If you see, or experience, any behavior that breaks our code of conduct, contact any MEPACON Staff member immediately.
- Attendees agree to allow us to use pictures/videos from the event for marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of this, please email us at email@example.com.
- Registering for MEPACON using your email address allows you to receive infrequent marketing emails. You can opt-out in any of the emails you receive or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to ensure that all of our guests have a good time while in a safe environment, MEPACON enforces the following rules:
- Costumes will be checked by MEPACON Staff for security and safety purposes. All 20th century costumes or uniforms are prohibited from the convention. Uniforms of attendees currently on active police or military duty are exempt, assuming they are properly attired. Weapons and weapon replicas purchased in the Dealer Room must be kept wrapped and immediately removed from the Convention area upon purchase. There are NO weapons or weapon props of any sort permitted in the Convention Gaming areas(certain LARPs may be exempt, see specific games for details).
- Selling of any kind will not be allowed in the public areas of the Convention, or anywhere in the hotel. All selling of products and/or services is restricted to MEPACON authorized Dealers. The sale of anything without the consent of MEPACON may result in the removal of the individual from the convention WITHOUT refund.
- Cheating at games, breaking any game, convention or hotel rules, rowdiness, or failure to conduct oneself in a mature manner will be grounds for removal from the convention WITHOUT refund.
- Breaking any law, including but not limited to stealing, harassment, assault or public drunkenness will be grounds for removal from the convention WITHOUT refund, and may lead to the involvement of local law enforcement.
- MEPACON is a smoke-free convention. There is no smoking allowed in ANY of the Convention areas.
- There are no drugs allowed in Convention Gaming areas.
- All children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Admission for children under 10 is free.
- MEPACON reserves the right to deny admission to any person and/or remove anyone from the convention without refund for ANY reason.
MEPACON Policy on Child Attendees
- Children are welcome at MEPACON! We do our best to make children welcome and entertained at the con.
- MEPACON Staff and GMs are NOT babysitters, and no one is responsible for a minor but their parent, guardian, or designated responsible adult at the convention.
- A child under 10 years receives free admission and they must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Children under 12 must be on the same floor as their designated adult at all times.
- Children under 16 must have contact information for a responsible adult written on the back of his/her badge, so that person may be contacted if necessary.
- Children who cannot behave appropriately to participate in a game, may be ejected from that game, at the GM’s discretion. The designated responsible adult will be contacted immediately.